Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Week 6


This is my final blog entry, and the one that sums up the book and my opinion of it.



Reflection


Overall, I really enjoyed the book. It seems to be more like an extraordinarily long article about the Mormon history and what could have driven the Lafferty brothers to commit the murders. It was really interesting reading about the Mormon history. I'm not religious and I know absolutely nothing any religion; so it's cool to hear and learn about a religion and what it's all about. I also really thought it was appealing to hear about the trial of the Lafferty brothers, and what they had to pay for what they did.
I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is interested in the topic. I don't think it would appeal to a very wide group of people, but I do think everyone should give it a chance being that Krakauer is the "detail king", and he can make anything interesting. I think blogging was a really smart idea for a project too. It was enjoyable, not too much work, and really made me want to look up articles, and dig further into the topics at hand in my book. Speaking directly to you Ms. Harper, I think the blogging was great and I would say do it in next years classes too.


Five Facts


1. Joseph Smith created the Mormon religion in 1830 in New York.

2. Polygamy is less practiced then it used to be, but still a part of Mormonism.

3. It is said that if you read the Book of Mormon with an open heart, then God will appear and tell you
    how it is the truth.

4. The Mormon church teaches you that you can become a God or Goddess.

5. Mormons believe God has a physical body, whereas Christians believe he has no real body. He is  
    just a spirit.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed in Eric! I am putting this book on my list of books to read. You made it sound very interesting, and I love Jon Krakauer.

    ReplyDelete